Gorges Lodge has arguably the most spectacular views in Southern Africa and offers a unique Victoria Falls experience from a peaceful and idyllic base on the edge of the Batoka Gorge.
The main lodge area and the ten stone-under-thatch chalets are set in a magnificent and lush indigenous garden with stunning views across the gorge and of the pounding Zambezi River 200 metres below - truly breathtaking!
- 10km downstream from the Victoria Falls
- 22 km road transfer from Victoria Falls
- 19 km road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport
- 2 x Single Storey Honeymoon Suites
- 4 x Single Storey Twin Bedded Suites
- 4 x Double Storey Twin Bedded Suites
All the chalets have thatched roofs, en suite bathrooms, overhead fans, a minibar, tea and coffee making facilities and excellent gorge views. The double storey chalets have an upstairs bedroom and balcony and a downstairs changing room that can be converted to a child's room.
- Main lodge comprising open-fronted thatch roof building with teak viewing deck in the bar area, separate lounge with fire place and dining room with fantastic gorge views
- Cell phone reception and free WIFI in the main lounge area
- Swimming pool
Little Gorges Luxury Tented Camp
Imvelo Safari lodges are excited to announce the opening of their new luxury tented addition at Gorges Lodge.
Like the main Lodge, Little Gorges is perched on the edge of Batoka Gorge, with awesome views of the Zambezi River 250 metres below, and across into Zambia.
The camp overlooks the dramatic junction of the Dibu Dibu River and the Zambezi, where black eagles and lanner falcons nest in the sheer cliff faces.
Little Gorges has five tented bedrooms and a stone-under-thatch central dining and entertainment area where guests can relax with a cold drink from the bar. Guests can also make use of the swimming pool and WiFi at the main Gorges Lodge.
The bedrooms are under canvas on platforms made from steel with a wooden deck. Bedrooms are spacious with 60 square metres of living and veranda space. Bathrooms are cut back into the terrain, constructed from brick under canvas.
Four rooms have twin double beds and the fifth a king bed, under mosquito nets, with mini bar fridge, fans, hairdryers and all the other amenities currently offered at Gorges Lodge. The bathrooms have a spacious shower, twin basins and separate toilet. Furnishings maximise use of local materials, including the splendid deep red wood of the indigenous Zambezi teak.
All Victoria Falls activities are available upon request.
Activities to choose from at Gorges Lodge include:
- A guided gorge walk
- Black eagle viewing with sundowners (not guaranteed and limited by rain and/or lack of wind)
- Village visit and school tour
- Traditional dancing performance
Guests receive one free complimentary return town transfer per paying night.
Conservation & Social investment:
Birds of Prey: Imvelo's presence and supervision in the area includes monitoring and protection of all raptor nests along our section of the gorge as well as a serious education program amongst villagers as to the benefits and role of raptors.
Imvelo plays a huge role in support of the local communities in the area including:
- Employing local staff
- Supporting local Primary and Secondary Schools and Clinics
- Assisting with drilling wells for clean water supplies
- Providing dental health care in the communities adjacent to Hwange National Park and Victoria Falls through an annual mobile Dental Safari,
- Distributing maize-seed and providing feeding programmes in times of drought.
All this has a tremendous conservation spin off to the Batoka Gorge area and wildlife as there is a direct linkage between the tourism benefits to local communities and wildlife conservation.
Please contact Imvelo Safari Lodges for more information on rates and current specials
- Children under the age of 7 are only allowed by special arrangement and providing parents sign a disclaimer.
- Children aged 12 and below pay 50% and must share with an adult. Up to 2 children may share a suite with a parent or guardian
- 30 minute road transfer from Victoria Falls town or airport. This transfer can be arranged by Imvelo Safari Lodges
- 4½ hr road transfer from Bulawayo or Bomani. This transfer can be arranged by Imvelo Safari Lodges
- Self drive directions: On the Bulawayo / Victoria Falls tar road- 12 kms out of Victoria Falls town, a turn to the east (marked Deka and Gorges Lodge) turn down this gravel all weather road and drive for 11.2 kilometres. There is a sign marking the turn northwards to Gorges Lodge - 2.4 km.
- Victoria Falls Airport - is a 30 minute drive from the lodge