ZAMBEZI SANDS RIVER CAMP is a 16-bed tented lodge situated on the banks of the Zambezi river, within the western part of the Zambezi National Park, upstream from Victoria Falls.
Eight double or twin luxury tents have been built into the bush on raised wooden platforms at the water’s edge. Each has its own private splash pool . A four-bed family suite is under construction.
The centrally-located main camp consists of a dining room, lounge and bar, with a shaded outdoor deck for alfresco dining experiences looking out over the river.
Two new luxury twin Bedouin-style tents are being added to this camp, bringing the total number of beds to 20 by the August 2017.
Zambezi Sands offers a wonderful combination of wildlife and river-based activities, whilst being conveniently close to the attractions of Victoria Falls itself. On offer are game drives, game walks, canoeing and fishing, as well as tours of the Victoria Falls, shopping trips, a sunset cruise among the islands and a village visit and school tour. Other Victoria Falls activities can be arranged on request.
Transfers from Victoria Falls are by vehicle (1.5 hours along the Zambezi River, or 45 mins through the forest).
Imvelo Safari Lodges play a huge role in support of the local communities in the area including:
• Employing local staff
• Supporting local Primary and Secondary Schools and Clinics
• Assisting with drilling wells for clean water supplies
• Providing dental health care in the communities adjacent to Hwange National Park and Victoria Falls through an annual mobile Dental Safari,
• Distributing maize-seed and providing feeding programmes in times of drought.
• All this has a tremendous conservation spin off to the area and wildlife as there is a direct linkage between the tourism benefits to local communities and wildlife conservation.